Saturday 13 August 2011

Vespid Stingwings Commission - part 3

Moving along with the commission, it's now slicing and pinning time. Given that 'the client' isn't enitrely certain he'll be able to get his hands on the second bunch of Stingwings I've decided rather than waiting to see what happens to just make the first unit's Strain Leader something special as well. Though the current state of the mini is nowhere near where I want to take it. But this is one of the most enjoyable thing in the hobby, you go from an idea and a pile of bits to something cool (well most of the time anyway):


And for those wondering, yes that is indeed s sliced of thumb down there. Let's just say that this Strain Leader isn't going to be pointing, but rather glancing menacingly at a new, little trinkett. Naturally all bits will be pinned and there will be a fair share of green stuffing needed, so tons of fun still left for me on this one!

Tomorrow or monday I should have a pic of the entire squad and the first paintwork on the tester. I'm afraid the green stuff plant guide I promised earlier this week is going to be delayed a couple of day, tons of work to do and I really want to do Marticus proud with this bunch of Vespids. Afterall, if it's a job worth doing, it's a job worth doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment